There are a lot of things to consider when it’s time to move. Just how will it all come together? if you take the right steps, your move can go off without a hitch. Prodigy Moving & Storage offer helpful tips below.
How to Prepare for Moving Day
Moving day can be frustrating if you don’t prepare. Put in the effort before moving day for a stress-free move. Start by figuring out what you’ll want to take to your new home and what you no longer need. Make a list or everything you own so you can start eliminating the items you no longer need or want. You’ll also be able to figure out what you want to purchase for your new home. Taking the time to do this will make packing easier and relieve a lot of stress that comes with a move. Take care of the issues with your new home will make things easier for everyone. Take the time before the move to figure out where your children will go to school, get the utilities set up, put in a change of address and find a vet for your pets. Take some time to envision how you want your new home to look and where you’ll want everything to go. This will make unpacking easier. If you can, make plans to visit your new home so your family will feel more familiar with it. When you’ve done most of the work with preparation, the rest of the day will be simple!
Moving Day Checklist
1. Wake up early. It’s a good idea to wake up earlier than you normally do. This will give you an opportunity to check things out. You will need to pack items that you’ll need to take with you -and don’t want packed. It will also give you a chance to check things out before the movers arrive.
2. Take the garbage out. If you don’t take the garbage out, it may end up going to your new home! Clean the house out before the movers arrive.
3. Welcome the movers. It doesn’t hurt to be friendly to the people that are going to be moving all your belongings. Plus, you can give them any further instruction.
4. Get contact information. Make sure you have names and cell phone numbers of those moving your things. This will make it easy for you to communicate with them if you need to.
5. Counter checking. Standing by the door will allow you to see that everything is going smoothly. When they say they are done, check to make sure. This will be helpful if you aren’t traveling with your belongings.
6. Be there when your belongings arrive. The home you envision will come together when you can tell the movers where everything should go. You will also need to make sure that everything arrives undamaged.
Moving Services in Chatsworth, Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, Calabasas, Glendale, Burbank & Greater Los Angeles, California
Do your homework and hire a moving company that you can trust. Hiring the right company means you’ll be able to think of moving day as a new adventure instead of a day of dread. Contact Prodigy Moving & Storage today.